Latest posts by TNV Monitoring Desk (see all)
- Chief of proscribed TLP Saad Rizvi asks supporters to end protests - April 16, 2021
- Anti-terror law: Ban to be imposed on TLP soon: Sheikh Rasheed - April 15, 2021
- Inform ’10 days’ in advance before issuing Maryam’s arrest warrant: LHC directs NAB - April 12, 2021
Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah announced yesterday to impose a ban on the public movement and a lockdown throughout the Sindh province due to the rising cases of Coronovarius.
The announcement has now taken its formal position and the province is now witnessing an entire lockdown for 15 days.
It must be mentioned here that during this provincial lockdown, those who are permissible to travel includes the following:
- Officials of Health services
- personnel of Law enforcement agencies
- Anyone going for urgent medical care in an emergency situation along with an attendant.
- Person going to purchase groceries and medicines
- Necessary/unavoidable religious rites
- Any exemption deemed necessary by the government
Well, in view of the above, the exempted persons will also have to follow the below mentioned conditions for travel:
- Movement in single numbers
- Per family, only one person will be allowed to go out to buy essential medicine, groceries etc with a driver only in the case of the elderly or handicapped
- Person on vehicles carrying essential food items
- Persons exempted to carry CNIC; should maintain social distance and take safety precautions
Apart from the above, the under mentioned important services would also be exempted from the lockdown:
- Health and related services
- Grocery stores, general and convenience stores
- Food and related industry/ manufacturers
- Fish, meat, vegetable/fruit vendors and dairy shops
- Electricity, SSGC and water supply
- Essential municipal services
- Port operations, PNSC and custom services
- PTA/PTCL/NTC service staff
- Cellular companies service staff for repair maintenance of towers/cables
- Banks (with limited staff for services)
- Petrol pumps
- Welfare organisations
- Journalists authorised by information department, newspaper hawkers.
As per the notification, anyone who doesn’t follow the orders will be punishable under Section 188 of the Pakistan Penal Code.