Latest posts by Aneel Ahmed Usmani (see all)
- China gifts Pakistan 0.5mln COVID-19 vaccines: FM Qureshi - January 22, 2021
- ACP: Ahmed Shah Panel attains landslide victory in elections 2021-22 - December 24, 2020
- Karachi Police gears up for roller skates to combat street crimes - December 24, 2020
The festival of spreading peace and happiness, promoting art and literature namely 2nd ‘Adab Festival – 2020′ organized by Ameena Saiyid and Asif Farrukhi ended up on late Sunday night in the city of lights at Karachi Arts Council.
A three-day literary event held from Jan 31 till Feb 2 at ACPK where the organizers welcomed the guests and the public at large.
Setting aside, the unpredictable backlash received during the ‘Adab Fest’ last year held at Governor House in Karachi, this year’s efforts of Ameena Saiyid and Farrukhi got praised by all and sundry.
The event was inaugurated by former Chief Justice of Pakistan Asif Saeed Khosa on 31st February following to his key note speech.
Prominent literary figures, poets, writers, journalists, novelist, politicians, government officials, celebrities were in attendance during a three day event at Karachi Arts Council.
Speaking at the concluding ceremony of the Adab Festival, Founder of the event, Ameena Saiyid thanked President Arts Council Ahmed Shah for his continuous support in making this event a great success.
While talking to ‘The News Vision’, Ameena said that “this festival will move ahead with more force and determination in order to promote literary activities in the city on continuous basis.”
President Karachi Arts Council, Ahmed Shah in his closing note said that the way people of Karachi participated in this Adab Fest is a good sign that the interest of masses is increasing rapidly towards literature activities and events.
While congratulating Ameena Saiyid, Asif farrukhi and their entire team, Shah said that Karachi Arts Council is always on the forefront in supporting such festivals.
On the closing day of the Adab Fest – 2020, Commissioner Karachi Iftikhar Shallwani also expressed his views and said that once everyone used to gave the examples of Lahore for organizing such events on routine basis but now Karachi has became a paradigm of hosting such events on continuous basis.
A bundle of interactive sessions witnessed during three day festival including some of the listed below:
- Adab and Electronic Media session held where owners of prominent TV channels participated.
- Session on the history of Sindh Police held.
- An interview with PPP senior leader ‘Sherry Rehman’ held.
- Session of poetry conducted where poetess Kishwar Naheed and author Iftikhar Arif participated.
- Session on Karachi’s Urban Planning, Public Spaces and Garbage Management held.
- Session titled “Is the top (1%) Elite the problem in Pakistan” held.
- Session on “Demystifying sexual harassment at workplace” held.
- Another session titled “The changing face of Muslims in Urdu and Hindi Cinema and its impact on politics and society” held.
- Session named “The State of the economy in Pakistan” also held.
- “Women in Parliament” session also held.
- A dance performance by a known group Maani Chao and his team.
- Qawwali night also held to entertain the audience.
Apart from the above, food stalls, shopping stalls and a large number of books were also on display along side a medical camp of checking about Tuberculosis.
Lets have a look at the Adab Fest -2020 album:
Display of Literary Posters by Abro Khuda Bux: