Latest posts by TNV Monitoring Desk (see all)
- COAS Bajwa praises ‘untiring efforts of ISI for national security’ - January 22, 2021
- People ready to send ‘ill-prepared’ govt back home: Maryam Nawaz - December 24, 2020
- JI stalwart, former chief Syed Munawar Hasan passes away - June 26, 2020
ISLAMABAD: Chief Justice of Supreme Court, Justice Asif Saeed Khosa on Saturday strongly condemned the incident of attack on the Punjab Institute of Cardiology (PIC) in Lahore.
CJP Khosa while addressing at a ceremony deplored the incident of PIC and said that it is expected that “better sense will prevail” subsequent to the disappointing incident that took place in Lahore.
“It is the need of the hour that people should understand the sanctity and the reverence of their respective professions whether it is about lawyers or doctors,” CJP said.
CJP did not uttered anything else than above as the matter is subjudiced at the Lahore High Court (LHC).
Moreover, talking about the model courts performance, CJP Khosa said that judiciary is looking ahead for two important things which are:
- The continuous hearings being held at model courts with the change of rollover system.
- The judiciary held the state responsible for producing witnesses and evidence before the court.
This all is necessary in order to expedite the final justices being provided to all and sundry without and delay, CJP added.